Who will treat erectile dysfunction?

Your primary care doctor, urologist, or endocrinologist is able to diagnose and treat erectile dysfunction. Although their areas of expertise are different, everyone is likely to perform a physical exam and ask questions about your medical history. You're likely to start by seeing your family doctor. Depending on your particular health problems, you may go directly to a specialist, such as a doctor who specializes in male genital problems (urologist) or a doctor who specializes in hormonal systems (endocrinologist).

Urologists treat conditions affecting the urinary tract and male reproductive organs, including erectile dysfunction (ED). They may perform tests to determine the cause of the condition and recommend treatments. A urologist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating urinary tract conditions, as well as sexual problems in men. Different doctors can help diagnose and treat erectile dysfunction, including primary care physicians, urologists, and psychologists.

You should not take any of these medications to treat ED if you are taking nitrates to treat a heart condition. You can work with a healthcare professional to treat an underlying cause of erectile dysfunction (ED). Erectile dysfunction specialists are physicians who have been specifically trained in the fields of urology or endocrinology, with a focus on erectile dysfunction and related problems.